Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Mini-Mudder

This morning I embarked on a running adventure with my 7 year old. I’m not going to go into the actual event details because frankly, it was the worst experience I’ve ever had at a race to date. THE WORST! But I’m not stopping in to write a review or waste my time complaining. I’d rather focus on the positive.

And there was a lot of positive!

Ryan and I HAD. A. BLAST.

And I have the video to prove it….

He was such a little trooper. Running almost the whole mile, twice! He attempted every obstacle and only bailed on one wall climbing because the height freaked him out.

The mud, however, not a problem.

I decided to stay mostly clean. The adult course was similar to the kids mile and didn’t have the pit until the end. I just didn’t see the point, especially after such a disappointing event. Instead, I ran and then spent the rest of the morning running the kids race with Ryan.

This event may have been a mismanaged, unorganized, cluster. One at which I even insjured myself…

But I still loved it!

I spent a beautful, November morning with my son, outside, being active, talking… bonding. I can only hope Ryan continues to enjoy this as much as I do. He truly is my Motivation Turned Workout Partner, and this post I wrote 3 years ago is truer than ever.


View the original article here

No comments: