Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Quote: Climbing a Mountain

I must have uttered the phrase,

“When I lose weight I’m going to….”

A million times in my life.

I said (and thought) it instead of wearing what I wanted to wear, doing what I wanted to be doing and experiencing what I should have been experiencing.

“Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point.”
- Harold B Melchart

I don’t think there is anything wrong with having a weight loss goal. What is wrong is thinking you aren’t…

good enough,

strong enough,

worthy enough,

to live the life you want RIGHT NOW regardless of some stupid number on some stupid scale.

Have a goal. Work at the goal. But remember to enjoy the “beautiful scenes” now.


View the original article here

No comments: