Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Just Suffered a 2nd Degree Burn

It looks terrible, doesn’t it? It’s actually worse than it looks in the pic. Up until a few hours ago the skin on my thigh was nice and smooth. But look at it now. I have a 4-inch, 2nd degree burn on my leg.

How exactly?

I was dealing with some boiling water while draining the whole grain noodles that were cooking. Half of that scalding water went down the drain like it was supposed to. The other half landed on my leg.

It hurts really bad. At first the skin looked as if it had melted off my leg, but then it bubbled up with blisters.

If a pot of hot water can do this, I can’t even imagine how people go through worse burns caused by direct flames, hot oil or chemicals.

Please be careful in the kitchen. And please keep your little child-spawns out of the kitchen while you’re cooking. For right now I’m gonna deal with this pain and hope this burn doesn’t cause too much of an interruption in my workouts.

And now in other news… all I ate tonight was a salad. My stomachs definitely have some caloric wiggle room for a small bowl of ice cream.

Update 12/13/11: So the burn looks 10 times worse this morning. I’m calling it hideous.


View the original article here

No comments: