Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

6 miles and a Carb Avalanche

Yesterday I ran the 3rd Leg of the Baltimore Marathon. Carrie snapped this pic just before I handed her the chip to finish up the race.

The run was great, but the event could have been a bit more organized. We hit quite a few logistical issues, but I don’t feel like focusing on the negative.

The Leg I ran was 6.3 miles. I ran it in 1:04:16.

Not bad. Not bad at all!

After the race I watched my Little Guy play soccer and then went out with The Husband. With Grandma and Grandpa visiting we had built in babysitters. :)

We went to see The Thing and it was awesome. If you liked the 1982 Thing you’ll like this one. It may be the most seamless sequel ever. We both loved it.

This morning started nice and quietly. Grandma watched Transformers with Little Guy…

while I made eggs. Some for breakfast…

and some for later this week.

(Click here for my video on making the perfect hard boiled eggs)

The boys shared a mango.

(I made Little Bean’s mango like this)

Everyone seemed to enjoy breakfast, especially Little Bean.

Click here to see a video of one of his cheerio experiences.

While we were eating I had a squash in the oven.

I could lie and tell you it was for Little Bean, but the truth is I wanted some too. :)

(If you are interested you can click here to see how I make it)

The rest of the morning was filled with tummy time…

and cool cars that follow drawn tracks.

Midday The Husband took his Dad golfing and I took Grandma and the boys to Ikea.

Once Grandma and Grandpa left we were all business. Our dishwasher broke AGAIN so we had to do the weekend’s dishes by hand.


(yes that is what you think it is lol)

And the laundry went in the washer, although it’s still not done yet. The husband is folding it now.

Before it got too dark we decided on a family walk.

I carried Little Bean in the carrier…

and we walked.

And walked.

And walked.

Awesome weekend overall, even though I ate my way through it. I really did. I swear it started with those gosh darn fudge stripe cookies. My carb cravings are out of control. I have to ease up on the sugar and high carb, easy to grab snacks. They are always the start of a bad food choice avalanche and I’m buried right now. Buried. It’s time to dig myself out.


View the original article here

No comments: