Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

SoyJoy Apple Walnut Bar Review

SoyJoy Apple Walnut Bar

SoyJoy Bar Reviews have not been positive and they not something I would normally buy, but when I saw that they were "new and improved" I decided to give them another shot. I picked up the Apple Walnut flavor, which SoyJoy describes as, "a perfect balance of sweet, sour, tart and nutty."

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 30 grams
Calories: 140
Total Fat: 6 grams, 10%
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams, 11%
Sodium: 50 mg, 2%
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Fiber: 3 grams, 12%
Sugars: 10 grams
Protein: 4 grams

My chief complaints with SoyJoy bars were that they are hard, tasteless and dry BUT I have to admit that this Apple Walnut variety is much more moist than it's predecessors. It still looks the same though, and so I was a little apprehensive about what it would taste like, but thankfully, these all natural bars deliver on this aspect too. It is slightly nutty at first, but as you take a bite or 2 more, the apple bits and sweetness shine through more. I liked it, but from the description I expected some sour and tart in it - there was none. Still I was happy with the taste. It feels so weird saying that I like a SoyJoy Bar because I have cursed them bitterly in the past, but there you have it and I'll say it again - the SoyJoy Apple Walnut Bar is good - still small at 30 grams, but tasty.

Each bar provides 140 calories from 6 grams of total fat, 2.5 grams of which is saturated fat (10% and 11% of the daily value), 3 grams of fiber (12% of the DV), 10 grams of sugars and 4 grams of protein.

Coupons.com

All SoyJoy Bars are all natural and gluten free, and the ingredients the SoyJoy Apple Walnut Bar are, ground whole soybeans, raisin, butter (from milk), sugar, walnut, egg, dried apple, maltodextrin (natural fiber source), dried pineapple, salt, parmesan cheese (from skim milk), natural flavors.

I purchased this bar for $0.99, and whereas I think Soy Joy Bars (and any other 30 gram bars) are too small a snack for an adult, I would buy this again for the kids.

{Website: SoyJoy}


View the original article here

No comments: