Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Sensational Sunday at the Shore!

I really think I was a beach bum in a former life. Every time I’m at the Jersey Shore I wonder why I don’t live closer to the ocean. It just feels like home.

Of course I have tons to tell you but no energy left, so I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking.

These two got me up bright and early.

Their interactions are getting cuter and cuter.

We started the day with a healthy breakfast.

I made sure to stock the beach rental with fresh fruit. I’ll feel better about all the junk knowing I got at least a few servings of fruit and whole grains in the boy. Plus what beats a New Jersey blueberry in July? Ummm pretty much nothing. :)

Soon it was strapping baby on time.

We were headed to the beach!

Little Bean slept..

while the boys played…

and I read.

Nutrition Diva gave me a copy of her book at FitBloggin’ Local and I’m loving it! She’s great at giving the straight talk on nutrition without any lectures or hype.

Soon the stomach started to rumble so I decided to reach for a snack.

"That’s it" sent me some samples of their bars right before I left. I was interested in trying them, as all they are is fruit. That’s right, fruit. Nothing else.

I must admit, at first glance I wasn’t too impressed…

but they were tasty! At least the apple/apricot one was. Looking forward to trying their other flavors later in the week.

I also fed Little Bean on the beach and posted a bit about it on Baby’s First Year. Click here for a pic and the story.

Anyway, little guy asked us to bury him so we obliged.

After a full day in the sun we headed back for showers.

I decided to take my long run while the boys relaxed and watched soccer. (How heartbreaking was THAT?!?)

It was a tough 5 miles, but MAN did I feel awesome afterwards.

That’s week 3 DONE on my training schedule. I can’t believe it! (I’ll wrap up this week with next, as I did shift around workouts becuase of vacation)

When I got back it was time to hit the boards. The rides were calling our names…

We got dinner at a little seafood place and I had the best blackened salmon over greens. For dessert, some Polish Ice. Delicious!

We headed back and chilled for a bit…

Now both kids are sleeping. The Husband is reading. And I’m ready for bed.

Can every day be like this? Please? :)


View the original article here

No comments: