Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Weekly Blush

Shenanigans from April 4 - 10 , 2011.

Food: Last week on i{ate}A{pie}.net it was all Soup Reviews - and they were either all natural or organic.

Muir Glen Organic Southwest Black Bean Soup Review

I was so happy to discover Muir Glen Organic Chicken Tortilla Soup and Muir Glen Organic Southwest Black Bean Soup. Plus Kettle Cuisine Thai Curry Chicken Soup and Pacific Natural Foods Homestyle Creamy Southwestern Corn Soup were also pretty good. This week, we'll be looking in the freezer aisle!

Coupons.com

The results for the poll, What Do You Look For in a Nutrition Bar {Poll}, showed that 51% of you picked low calories, followed by 37% for high protein. Only 16% voted for high fiber - I thought that would be the main choice - while approximately 12% of you picked  low sugar, natural organic, or don't eat nutrition bars often.

Workout Music: We had 2 totally different vibes going on last week with our workout playlists.

Mission Hulktopia Workout PlaylistChop Suey Style Workout Playlist

Mission Hulktopia Workout Playlist (rock) and Chop Suey Style Workout Playlist (dance and electronic) - but as usual they are fresh and funky - time to update the tunes on your mp3 player!

Working on mah Fitness: Race #5 for the year was my 2nd Half Marathon on April 3rd (race recap at IntheGym.net).

Half Marathon Medal

In a word - this race was HILLY! And Race #6 was a 7.2 mile event - also very HILLY!!! We're talking monstrous, beastly rolling hills that just kept coming and coming - at one point I tried to tell myself I was going downhill no matter what I actually saw ... it didn't work. I did improve over my 1st half marathon time, but I have to admit I totally sucked in race #6 - I should say I "race walked" instead of ran. Oh well - On to the next one as Jay-Z says.

Fit Links: I shared my favorite fitness related links over at IntheGym.net on the weekend, but the 2 MUST check out links are:

Both are really powerful and so imspirational.


View the original article here

No comments: