Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Challenge: Walk with me?

I wanted to tell you guys about this earlier but the day got away from me. I had a little work to do this morning and then Little Bean and I took a nap…

Tomorrow he’s 4 weeks. Can you believe it? I can’t. (side note: click here for for more baby photos. I did a side by side of Little Guy and LIttle Bean)

I also can’t believe tomorrow is my second Weight Watchers weigh in. I’ve been keeping up with my food journal and it’s been fun! Totally helping with the mindless nibbles and keeping me honest. Exactly what it’s suppose to be doing. I haven’t been counting points but that’s a whole other story I’ll get into tomorrow. I want to see how my weigh in goes first.

Anyway, let me get back to the point of this post. I have posed a challenge on BlogToLose, the Let’s Walk! Challenge!

The idea is simple. Take at least a 10 minute walk a day for 1 week. It’s just a week and it’s just 10 minute but I truly believe this is how it starts. This is a great was to adopt healthy habits. It’s all about making small attainable goals that build confidence and sets momentum in the right direction.

And you better not be thinking you’ll start this challenge on Sunday. As I said in an older challenge post

My perfection gene would love it if we always started a challenge on Sunday and wrapped it up by Saturday BUT we are about breaking out of that mold here on BlogToLose. We no longer wait till Monday to live healthier. Right? We don’t "throw away" a day because we were tempted by an office donut. There is no more "I already… I might as well…" mindset anymore. We do what we can when we can. We forgive ourselves if we aren’t "perfect" and we move on. Weight loss happens over time one choice AT a time and the more we get that through our heads the better. I hope to help shed that perfection disease by mixing it up with these challenges.

I’ll be making the choice the find at least 10 minutes tomorrow and I hope you’ll join me. :)


View the original article here

No comments: