Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snikiddy All Natural Grilled Cheese Puffs

Snikiddy Grilled Cheese Puffs
(Photo Credit: Gluten Free Reviews)

Snikiddy is an all-natural, baked cheese puff marketed directly toward children, as evidenced by the fact that I stumbled upon them while shopping for video games at Toys R' Us. I bought a bag of single-serving Snikiddy Grilled Cheese Puffs because a) I love cheese puffs, b) I'm a kid at heart, and c) because on the front of the bag, it expounds, no corn syrup, gluten & wheat free, no hydrogenated oils, no trans fat, no preservatives and low in saturated fat.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 28 grams
Calories: 120
Total Fat: 5 grams, 7%
Saturated Fat: 1 gram, 5%
Sodium: 250 mg, 10%
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Fiber: 1 gram, 6%
Sugars: 1 gram
Protein: 3 grams

I popped open a 1-ounce single-serving bag and was thrilled to see that I actually got what I paid for - it was about three quarters full of yellow cheese puffs. It'd say there was over a hundred of these little bite-sized balls in one bag, making my chompers very happy. If you're wondering if these have anything to do with a grilled cheese taste - let me assure you - absolutely not. I guess the folks over at Snikiddy thought that small children would happily eat junk food named after kid-friendly dishes like grilled cheese sandwiches. But they are quite tasty, crisp in texture, and cheesy, though not as cheesy as those Puff Cheetos. I liked these way better than Michael Seasons Lite Cheese Curls.

sponsor
Workout Music Playlists at IntheGym.net

Each 28 gram serving (or in this case, 1 bag) of Snikiddy All Natural Grilled Cheese Puffs provides 120 calories, 5 grams of total fat, of which 1 gram is saturated (7% and 5% of the daily value), 250 mg sodium (10% DV), 1 gram of fiber and sugar, plus 3 grams of protein. The ingredient list is empty of neon-orange dyes, and consists of: Cornmeal, sunflower or safflower oil, cheddar cheese, maltodextrin, nonfat milk, salt, butter. disodium phosphate, natural flavor, yeast extract, and extractives of annatto.

I bought 6 bags (1 ounce each) for $3.49 - I know it costs more to buy single serving bags, but I honestly couldn't do without the portion control - and I'm eager to try their other flavors. Why buy baked Cheetos with its monosodium glutamate (MSG) and artifical colors (yellow #6 and #5), when you could buy this?!

{Website: Snikiddy}


View the original article here

No comments: