Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

Orville Redenbacher's Natural Lime & Salt Popcorn

Orville Redenbacher's Natural Lime & Salt PopcornI LOVE popcorn and probably have it 2 or 3 times a week. Usually, I buy the corn kernels and air-pop them, but on occasion, I'll have a pack or 2 of microwave popcorn on hand for when I run out. When I first saw Orville Redenbacher's Natural Lime & Salt Popcorn, I thought it was a rather odd flavor combination, and kept on going. But a friend of mine loves it and she let me try it one day while I was at her house, and I have to say - not bad ... not bad at all.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1 bag (44 grams)
Calories: 220
Total Fat: 15 grams, 23%
Saturated Fat: 7 grams, 35%
Sodium: 370 mg, 15%
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Fiber: 4 grams, 16%
Sugars: 0 grams
Protein: 3 grams

The lime flavor comes out a little bit in the aroma and sort of an after-taste when eating the popcorn. The flavor definitely makes it's presence known, but isn't really strong and overwhelming. And it's one of those flavors that you either love or hate. As much as I liked it, I don't think it's something that I would buy on a regular basis.

Each 44 gram bag (1 serving) of Orville Redenbacher's Natural Lime & Salt Popcorn provides 220 calories, 23% of the daily value for total fat (15 grams), and 35% of the DV for saturated fat. There is also 370 mg sodium (15% of the DV), 4 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. The ingredients are, Popping Corn, Palm Oil, Salt, Less than 2% natural flavoring.


View the original article here

No comments: