Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rebranding. Tsubo-style.


upon first emerging from the box


checking out their kickASS grippy (technical term) sole


a different view for *you*


realizing, to my surprise, they mightcould really be *me*

People, this blog post is far more than a review of free shoes (FTC? Shoes were free. Opinions expressed herein are all me).

Free shoes I said YES! to partially because I can always use more grown-up shoes & mainly because I adore Tsubo brand.

(adoreadore. as in if you are out there thinking: Tsubo what what?! please to hide your wallet & check em out quickfastandinahhurry.  You shall be smitten)

As so frequently happens in (my) life–accepting the shoes (& donning & wearing) taught me far more than the fact I LOVE ME SOME RED KICKS! (who knew? never owned the red before.)

Sure they are comfy (as Ive come to expect from Tsubo), but more than that they prompted me to realized how stuck in a style-rut I am.

Im sneakers & flipflops.

Possibly, in the most fancy of laid-back Austin settings, leather sandals.

Ren Man’s response to my wearing of the Acrea?

Let’s just say (wink) I could tell he loved them AND loved the fact I’d shaken things up a bit and *deviated* from my usual brand style.

The Tornado’s response was far more surprising.

Dare I even use the other S-word: SHOCKING.

Being the child of a blogger she’s used to UPS (or, as she calls them, PUS) stopping by on a regular basis.  She’s pretty jaded now and doesnt get very excited about the packages.

Until I opened this one.

The video below is the tail end of her excitement caught on camera.

It’s a little confusing (she refers to Fancy Nancy books, calls all ‘heeled‘ shoes slippers, & references my picking her up from a friend’s house later) but the overall message is clear.

MAMA? YOU STUCK IN A RUT.  YOU NEED YOU SOME CHANGE.

And you know what? She was right.

If you need me today Ill be traipsing around Austin wearing a blouse, pencil skirt & my new red slippers.

Feel free to stop me and say hello.

(yep there’s a video up there if you’re checking in via a reader…)


View the original article here

No comments: