Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (Honey)

Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (Honey)I received a couple of coupons for free Oikos Nonfat Greek Yogurt 4-packs a while back, and I've had a heck of a time finding them! When I finally found them at a D'Agostino's near me, I opted to try the Honey flavor. This cost me $5.85, but I've seen it on sale for $3.99.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 4 ounces (113 grams)
Calories: 90
Total Fat: 0%
Saturated Fat: 0%
Sodium: 40 mg, 2%
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Fiber: 0%
Sugars: 13 grams
Protein: 10 grams
The yogurt had kind of a strange flavor - a little more tart and sour than even regular non-fat Greek yogurt, and the honey was quite sweet on it's own. In fact, a little too much so. When it was mixed with the yogurt, though, they did balance each other out fairly well. As with the other Oikos yogurts I've experienced, this isn't as thick as Fage, but in this fruit on the bottom format (or rather, honey on the bottom), that wasn't necessarily a bad thing as it made mixing it together a little easier. sponsor
Workout Music Playlists at IntheGym.net

Each 4-ounce cup of Oikos Organic Honey Greek Yogurt provides 90 calories, no fat or fiber, 13 grams of sugars, 10 grams of protein and 10% of the daily value for calcium. The ingredients include cultured pasteurized organic nonfat milk, organic honey, organic sugar, pectin, organic carob bean gum, and five live active cultures.

Overall, this yogurt is just a "meh" in my book because I couldn't get used to the flavor which just seemed a little off. I prefer to just buy Fage 0% Greek Yogurt and dress it up as I like.

{Website: Oikos}


View the original article here

No comments: