Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Virtual Turkey Trot Update

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had the BEST day. Ever!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because we get to just… be. I don’t mind cooking all day if it means I get to enjoy a great meal with my family. It’s just a fun, relaxing holiday.

I was hoping to get everyone out for my first ever Virtual Turkey Trot but with a temperature reading of 19 we decided it wasn’t a good idea for the kids. Instead I strapped on my shoes and got in a relaxing 5 miles. Sounds funny, I know,  but it’s true. With a house full of family it was nice to have a few minutes to myself. Plus I actually enjoy running in the cold. I bundle up with my hat, gloves and scarf and after a few minutes I’m comfortable.

Here I am afterwards all sweaty.

Screen shot 2013-11-28 at 8.16.15 PM

When I got back I put out the veggie tray and cheese and crackers and we snacked and cooked. I don’t want to pat myself on the back but I will… my turkey came out AWESOME!

Screen shot 2013-11-28 at 8.21.24 PM

This is the sixth time I’ve hosted Thanksgiving and I think I finally have it down pat. Thankfully my mom and mother-in-law help clean up after me as I go because I am a MESSY cook.

I did add a new side dish this year AND my very own cranberry sauce!

20131128_1454

Anyway, I’m sneaking a moment after dessert, movie watching and game time to announce the winners of Judy’s 4 Paws for Ability fundraising Turkey Trot campaign. Everyone who donated $50 or more was automatically entered. Note: I used random number generator to pick the winners.

5 Vitalicious cases with your choice of their top-seller VitaTops or VitaCakes. Donated by Vitalicious!
- Megan B.
- Shannon M.
- Jeremy L.
- Christina S.
- Shannon S. 3 prize packs that will include NEW Mini Babybel Mozzarella style, Light, Original and White Cheddar. Donated by The Laughing Cow
- Rene C F.
- Susan S.
- Jennifer R.2 Kindle Fire HDX 7?, HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB. Donated by me.
- Brenda K. S.
- Hannah C.

I’ll be in direct contact with the winners next week. I can’t thank them and everyone enough. We were able to raise $4,660 toward our goal of $13,000 for my niece’s service dog. Even though we held the Turkey Trot fundraiser specifically to raise funds for the campaign we will be collecting donations until our goal is reached – click here to help!

Thanks again and from my family to yours…

1484010_10151746087361456_1556930524_o

Happy Thanksgiving!


View the original article here

No comments: