Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 5, 2013

What are you GIFTING yourself?

mizfit gc2 300x133 What are you GIFTING yourself?

Ahhhh.

If you live in the USA you may still be feeling the, uh, repercussions of the great Thanksgiving Stress-Out.

Family, food, schedules thrown for a loop, routine replaced by mayhem.

No matter where you reside or what you celebrate we’re all thisclose to being knee-deep in holiday frenzy.

Ive shared my tips for Fighting Holiday Frazzle.

They were fantastic tips (according to my mom, anyway), yet they were generalities.

Vague What *I* do to stave off holiday stress musings in hopes they’d spark thoughts/insights for you.

Today we’re about the concrete.

About building a long & creative list of specific actions we can take to make these next 3 weeks as smooth as we can.

A list this misfit Jew can steal, print, hang on my fridge & use as a “go to” when at a loss for ways to lighten my holiday load.

A list to make our Holiday Season 2013 fun, frazzle-free and PRESENT so we can cruise into 2014 as our best & most healthy selves.

I’ll start us off.

Hanukkah ends Thursday night.

The thing is, a result of my being as busy as a COUGAR Hanukkah Harry, I realized only a few weeks ago Thanksgivukkah was year.

Upon that realization, right in that moment, I bestowed upon myself the gift certificate pictured above.

I immediately recognized how *crazy* card creation would make me (I love personalized photocards. I caint mail said-card without heartfelt note inside) if I attempted to make/mail before 12.5.13.

I immediately acknowledged, while some things necessitate holiday hecticness (preparing for company, purchasing gifts on time, decorating before Hanukkah is OVER), this was not one of those things.

I immediately gave myself the gift(certificate) of time.

It’s not an exaggeration to say, after releasing myself from that obligation, I felt as though I could b-r-e-a-t-h-e again.

I felt so *ENERGIZED* by the sweet, sweet gift of freedom I started us a list of stuffs we could gift ourselves these next few weeks.

Never say YES when your heart & head is screaming NO.If you have a vacation from work dont use *all* the time for others dedicate some to self-care.(should you be a weigh’er) Bestow upon yourself a break from the scale.No! More! MUSTurbation. Do what you can when you can & shed the shoulds & oughts.Please to hit us all up with your number five below…

View the original article here

No comments: